Our shared priorities for North Vancouver – Seymour
- New Democrats invented our Health Care system. We are the Party you can trust to ensure medical care will not be taken away.
- New Democrats will create a $10-a-day child care system to make life more affordable for all families.
- New Democrats congratulate our Public School Teachers and their historic Supreme Court of Canada ruling restoring class size and composition (which Christy Clark removed as Education Minister in 2002).
- New Democrats celebrate and support Arts, Culture and Film. After all, we invented BC’s Labour Input Tax Credit (PDF).
I have been involved with my North Vancouver community and the New Democrats since 2000.
I have been a candidate for provincial and federal office in 2011, 2008, 2001. In 2013 I was elected President of North Vancouver – Lonsdale, BC NDP.
In my community: President, Lower Lonsdale Community Garden Association, and a North Shore Organizer for Sensible BC.
I’m the Performing Arts Education Coordinator at the Evergreen Cultural Centre in Coquitlam, and a Theatre Arts Instructor at Burnaby’s Shadbolt Centre Community Programs.
I’m 54 years young, married to Jacqueline, and we reside with our SPCA shelter pets: one dog and one cat.
I’m a member of the following organizations:
- Union of British Columbia Performers (UBCP)
- BC Civil Liberties Association
- The Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists
- Canadian Actors’ Equity Association
- Past President of The Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists, Edmonton Branch
Jim Hanson, Spencer Chandra Herbert with Michael at the Provincial BC NDP Rally, April 23, 2017